Last updated December 31, 2010 20:37, by JVerstry
- In November 2010, Oracle officially announced its withdrawal from the JXTA projects. This was no surprize since Sun had progressively reduced its contributions since 2008.
- The elections should have been organized around July 2010 by the board. Unfortunately, it did not organize these, which leaves the community in a limbo state.
- The community voted to move to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF). An application has been filled to the Apache Incubator. Unfortunately, this move can be performed only if the JXSE code base can be moved from the Apache 1.1 license to Apache 2.0 license. Appropriate requests have been made to Oracle to enable this. No answer has been received yet.
- Oracle announced that it would not transfer the JXTA trade name. The community voted for a new name: Chaupal.
- The finalization of the move to Kenai has been frozen (for more information about infrastructure, see Programmer's Guide 2.6 and 2.7).
- A CI implementation has been made available via MikeCI. Contact the development team on the dev mailing list for more information.
© 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates