- Working with Issue Tracking in NetBeans IDE
- Video of Working with Integrated Issue Tracking in NetBeans IDE
- Get NetBeans IDE
- Register the RedmineNB Update Center:
- Start NetBeans IDE and choose 'Tools' > 'Plugins' from the menu and select 'Settings' tab;
- Press 'Add' button
RedmineNB Update Center
- Press 'OK', change to the 'Available Plugins' tab
- Select the 'RedmineNB' module file and press 'Install' button
Download RedmineNB versions from http://kenai.com/projects/redminenb/downloads and install it manually.
There's a major problem in RedmineNB: An Implementation Dependency to the NetBeans module Issue Tracking. You can read here more about Implementation Dependency. Unfortunately this module isn't full developed and thus not yet released as a public API. See Bug #162279 for more information and don't forget to vote for it!
There was a unsuccessful test with making the plugin compatible with multiple NetBeans versions.
- Open the Services window
- Left mouse click on Issue Trackers and choose "Create Issue Tracker..."
- Choose Redmine as Connector
- Fill up the required fields:
- Name -- Display name for the Redmine repository
- Redmine URL -- URL to the Redmine installation, e.g. http://192.168.1.5/redmine or http://www.redmine.org
- Authentication mode:
It's recommended to use the Access key. For that, you need to enable the REST API in Redmine: Administration -> Settings -> Authentication (see http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine/wiki/Rest_api#Authentication for more information).
- Press the Connect button to test
- Choose a Redmine Project or create a new one by pressing the (+) button
- Press OK to save the settings