Web Template & Component Design

4 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 3 - Last Post: June 01, 2009 04:53
by: AdrianYeo
showing 1 - 4 of 4

Posted: May 26, 2009 04:01 by AdrianYeo
Because of time constraint I suggest we have a ready web template with the required component of every single page designed, positioned and ready to put our scriptlet and codes for functioning.

Joel please contact the person as introduced by Mr David asap. If she agree to help us out we need it done asap. Do not drag.

I do not suggest we each design our own .jsp individual section using the template we have already found. Than later put together only to see double standard in quality of work (unless double standard is accepted). More unnecessary time will be wasted when we should be focusing more on other area.

Anyway this is just a personal opinion. Follow up is not mandatory.

Posted: May 30, 2009 16:20 by davidwang
1) good to discuss and agree on the template as well as the standard in the begining. Team discussion and cooperation is required.
2) Your guys mentioned you may need someone who help to design something. anyway, you are free to find someone else if you know some good designer yourself.
3) Joel showed me some widgets on the template last week. I thought that is your team's direction? - or correct me if I get the wrong idea.
4) the code I checked out from Kenai is a rather draft copy, am I right? (cos it contains dummy words as well as no widgets)

Posted: May 31, 2009 20:13 by wilson
to add on to what adrian said and quoted from sun and our lecturers, other than having a standard website layout, we could also have a standard in our coding (i.e. the naming convention, parasoft coding standard, etc.) if possible too~ so as to prevent double quality/standard like what adrian mention

Posted: June 01, 2009 04:53 by AdrianYeo
They seem to have a software that scan our code if it meet the coding standard. I haven't tried it out yet maybe later on.
Replies: 3 - Last Post: June 01, 2009 04:53
by: AdrianYeo
  • Mysql
  • Glassfish
  • Jruby
  • Rails
  • Nblogo
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy;
© 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates
(revision 20150226.965aeb8)

Close
Please Confirm