Final build of v1.9 for all platforms

4 posts   Feedicon  
Replies: 3 - Last Post: July 29, 2013 12:57
by: Ernandes Mourao Jr
showing 1 - 4 of 4

Posted: June 15, 2013 15:05 by Ernandes Mourao Jr
Hi, all

I would like to announce that I finally uploaded the final build of Twitter API ME v1.9, fully updated to Twitter API v1.1.

Unfortunately, it was necessary to deprecate some methods and classes due to Twitter API changes. For some API's endpoints, for instance, Twitter did not provide a newer version. There are also other cases, where they now require authenticated access.

It was a hard work to get it done, believe it! So you guys can have an idea, now Twitter API only returns JSON format, no longer XML, JSON and Atom. As you may know, until Twitter API ME v1.8 used to work with XML. So, we had to rewrite all parsers to make things happen.

For more information about all changes in Twitter API v1.1, click here.

A list of some things deprecated:

- Search API
- Trend Topics search
- Public timelines
- Some List management methods

In this final build, I also fixed a bug in OAuth for RIM platform. Thanks Serge Dupuis (@hookt) for finding it.

I hope you guys enjoy the update and sorry for all deprecations.

To download the final build, click here.

Regards,

Posted: July 26, 2013 22:35 by mkfnx
Hi, I think I found a bug in the J2ME version when using it in Nokia Asha devices.

The HttpResponse class doesn't closes it's variable called stream of the InputStream class. This causes that multiple calls (8 calls in my tests) to methods that use this class, like the verifyCredential method of the UserAccountManager class, generates a NoResponseEntriesAvailable exception, causing subsequent network requests () to fail.

I fixed this temporally with a call to a method that closes the InputStream and now it's working fine.

Posted: July 29, 2013 12:57 by Ernandes Mourao Jr
Thanks. I will look into this.

Posted: July 10, 2013 18:00 by Kanak
Hi ernandes,

First of all thanks a lot for doing a great job...!!

I have downloaded the Twiiter jar (for RIM Platform) version 1.9 from https://kenai.com/projects/twitterapime/downloads/download/1.9/twitter_api_me-1.9-rim.zip.

I am facing some issues in this update,

1.) Login - This jar is very slow in comparison to 1.8. It almost hangs at authentication process and many times it throws timeout, sometimes it logged in successfully after taking a long time but shows a white screen with Text Login Successful, Close this page.

2.) Post Tweet - Sometimes, while posting tweet, it works well, whereas some time i'm getting Exception Sorry, that page does not exist.

Many other developers are also facing same issue.. Please let us know the fixes.

Regards,
Kanak Sony

Replies: 3 - Last Post: July 29, 2013 12:57
by: Ernandes Mourao Jr
  • Mysql
  • Glassfish
  • Jruby
  • Rails
  • Nblogo
Terms of Use; Privacy Policy;
© 2014, Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates
(revision 20160708.bf2ac18)